1. How many parts of speech are there?
2. Every sentence begins with a
3. Which of the following is not an end punctuation mark?
- exclamation point
- question mark
4. What one letter word is always capitalized?
5. There are 26 letters in the English alphabet. Letters that are not consonants are called
6. A word that describes a noun or pronoun is which of the following:
7. Which word below is an example of a prefix?
8. A word that means the same thing is a
9. Which choice is incorrect:
- Dr. j. Smith
- Memorial Day
- Sincerely yours,
10. What punctuation is used when two words are joined together to make a shorter word (contraction)?